Monday, April 30, 2018

Clean Up the Environment with a Lunge, a Squat while Running!

Source: EPA - West Virginia




Do you like to lunge?  How about squats?  Oh my, I am a work in progress on both of those exercises.  Running is alright as long as I can keep going and not stop.  Needless to say, I need to definitely improve on both my lunges and squats in order to build up certain yoga poses.  At least, that is what my wife says.  Maybe I should try what is happening in Europe to see if my opinion toward lunges and squats will change with incorporating a little clean up of the local surroundings?



Instead of turning a blind eye or my head when I encounter litter while walking, maybe I could squat and pick some up?  How about running and stopping to pick up a few pieces of litter?  That is what one running group is doing in Europe and seems to be having a positive impact to say the least.  In the video below - just under 2 minutes, a group's routine is highlighted for their positive impact on the environment while exercising:






I love it.  What are you doing to improve your health and the environment?  I usually separate these activities.  Until I saw this video.  Now, I feel inspired to try to do the same.  Maybe you can too?  incorporating alternative activities into your workout just might spice up the routine to make the process that much more easier (and fun).  It is very easy.















No comments:

Post a Comment